Out at an event or a red carpet if you’re surrounded by celebs who are all trying to look unique and dressed up? Easy – you wear a naked dress.
Some people consider these dresses to be vulgar, others think they’re very elegant and feminine. One thing is for sure – you’ve got to have a pretty awesome body and a lot of confidence to pull off a look like that.
1. Contrary to popular belief, these dresses weren’t invented recently. It’s not a new shameless trend that millennials came up. In fact, it was Marilyn Monroe who was the first to wear it. She wore the legendary naked dress to wish President Kennedy a Happy Birthday in 1962.
2. Barbra Streisand also wore a very bold outfit to the Oscars in 1969. It’s not quite a dress though, her outfit was more of a naked pantsuit. She won an Oscar for her role in Funny Girl that year and made quite a statement with her outfit too.
3. Cher isn’t just a legendary singer. She’s also an Oscar winning actress. She won an Oscar in 1988 for her role in Moonstruck and boy did she know how to shock people with her outfit. Her naked dress was quite extravagant and definitely became a subject of many conversations.
4. Naked dresses were around for ages, but their popularity definitely skyrocketed after 2010. Jennifer Lopezwas one of the first modern Hollywood celebs to give naked dresses a chance, and it looks like she’s been loving them ever since. Look at how incredible she looked in her naked dress at The Golden Globes in 2013.
5. American Music Awards 2015
6. MET Gala 2015
7. Oscars After Party 2015
8. Billboard Music Awards 2015
9. Beyonce also loves showing off her curves in naked dresses. And she always look like a queen in them. Even when she’s very pregnant with twins at the Grammy’s this year.
10. MET Gala 2012
11. Grammys 2014
12. MET GALA 2015
13. Kim Kardashian isn’t a stranger to showing off her body either. It seems like every time we see her on a red carpet she’s dressed in something super tight or see through. But then again, she does have incredible body proportion that many dream off, so we don’t blame her for wanting to show the world what she’s got. Remember what she wore to the GQ Awards 2014?
14. MET Gala 2015
15. LACMA Art + Film Gala 2015
16. Vogue 100 Gala Dinner 2016
17. Rihanna loves pushing the envelope and shocking people with audacious outfit choices, so of course she couldn’t resist wearing naked dresses.
18. MET Gala 2011
19. CFDA Fashion Awards 2014
20. New and younger celebs are also very much into the whole naked dress trend. Young model Bella Hadidhas already graced a couple of big events wearing quite tantalizing outfits.
Dior Masquerade Ball 2016
21. Cannes 2016
22. Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Afterparty 2016
23. Nicki Minaj is another curvy lady who likes to surprise her fans with risqué dresses. Remember what she wore to the MTV Music Awards 2015?
24. MTV Music Awards 2016
25. Kendall Jenner might not have the curves of the Kardashians, in fact, many would agree she’s quite the opposite. But who said sheer dresses are only for curvy ladies. She could’ve easily given Kim a run for her money with the dress she wore to the Cannes 2016.
26. MET Gala 2016
27. AMA’s 2014
Source: Click Here