Eka Hasta Bhujasana
HOW TO PERFOM
• From Dandasana, bend the right knee and slide your right arm underneath the knee trying to get the knee as high as possible onto your upper arm.
• Secure the knee by pressing the back of your arm (tricep) into the crease of your right knee.
• Place both hands either side of the hips ensuring the hands are spread wide, middle finger faces forward.
• Squeeze your navel to your spine and point your toes of both feet whilst proceeding to lean forward continuing to activate the core.
• Start to push away from the floor and lift your legs and sit-bones.
• Engage all four corners of your palms to avoid wrist complications.
• Hold for 5 breaths and repeat on the other side.
• Strengthens hands, arms, shoulders, chest, back, stomach, buttocks and legs.
• Massages the abdominal organs.
• Challenges are state of balance.
• Try lifting up by bending the knees and crossing the ankles.
• Place blocks under the hands for increased elevation.
• Avoid in the case of wrist, shoulder or hip injury.
Source: Click Here