Mahindra Automotive Australia has announced that the XUV500 range will expand by Q4, 2016 with the introduction of the W10 XUV500, which adds to the W8 currently on sale.
This announcement comes after the introduction of the facelifted XUV500 earlier this year.
The XUV500 W8 comes standard with:
- Seven-inch colour touchscreen that features satellite-navigation
- USB audio/video streaming
- Bluetooth telephone and audio connectivity and auxiliary inputs
- Automatic windscreen wipers and headlights
- Micro hybrid technology (or better known as stop/start)
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Cruise control
The W10 variant increases that offering by including:
- Electric driver’s seat
- Electric glass sunroof
- Chrome highlights
- Illuminated scuff plates
- Electronic steering lock
Pricing is yet to be announced, but is part of the brand’s increased offering for Australia, which includes the addition of petrol engines in the XUV500 in 2017.
Curiously, the XUV500 is actually pronounced as ‘XUV five double ‘o”, despite the appearance of the model name looking like ‘XUV five hundred’.
CarAdvice recently visited India to drive the Mahindra XUV500 automatic, you can check out our written and video review of the XUV5oo automatic here.
Source: Click Here